By Maritz Global Events on 5/1/23 3:18 PM
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are one of the fastest-growing sectors in Web 3.0 and Blockchain. But what the heck are they and how might we use them in our industry? In simple terms, they are unique digital assets that can be used to represent ownership of a variety of items. While NFTs are often associated with the art world, they can also be used creatively in meetings and events.
Here are a few ways:
- Event tickets: Instead of issuing traditional paper or electronic tickets, event organizers can issue NFTs that serve as digital tickets. These NFTs could include unique benefits, such as access to exclusive events, backstage passes or VIP seating.
- Digital swag bags: Event organizers can create NFTs that serve as digital swag bags for attendees. These NFTs could include exclusive content or discounts or coupons for event sponsors.
- Collectible badges: Event organizers can create NFTs that serve as collectible badges for attendees. These NFTs could be used to track attendance at different sessions or could also be used to unlock additional content or benefits.
- Auction items: Event organizers can auction off NFTs during the event, such as digital experiences or merchandise. These auctions could be conducted using blockchain technology, which allows for secure and transparent bidding.
- Speaker or VIP tokens: Event organizers can create NFTs that serve as tokens for VIPs, event speakers or panelists. They can give them access to exclusive events, or to reward them for their participation in the event.
NFTs offer a new and exciting way to engage attendees at meetings and events.
Want to learn more? If you're headed to IMEX Frankfurt, join our discovery session where we will discuss how they work and how we see them being used in event experiences. You can find our sessions in the More Than Experience Theatre in Hall 9, Stand 9011 each day of the show.
Click here to find out more about the session NFTs – I Don’t Get It at IMEX Frankfurt
Presented by: Amy Kramer, Market and Product Innovation Leader
*CMP Credit: 0.5 CEUs
Important note: While using NFTs can be exciting, they are not without risks or challenges. We recommend reaching out to your legal representative to make sure all your bases are covered.
*Maritz Global Events has been approved by the Events Industry Council (EIC) as a Preferred Provider of the above-listed continuing education course, which qualifies for CMP continuing education credit. Determination of continuing education credit eligibility or Preferred Provider status does not imply EIC’s endorsement or assessment of education quality.